cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comprised account

caroleben
Joining in

I’ve received email about suspicious activity on my virgin account, is there scam emails going round?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are always scams about. Check the pinned posts at the top of the 'Security Matters' forum page to see examples of the most recent scam texts and emails.

Post up the text of the email you have received (with any of your personal information removed)

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @caroleben, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been in receipt of a potential scam/spam E-Mail.

Has the advice from @goslow assisted with uncovering the answer to this for you?

Do feel free to come back to us, if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

David_Bn

caroleben
Joining in

It was a genuine email.  Although following the instructions they gave me resulted in phone call to Virgin customer support for over an hour.  Beware they are now wanting you to register a 3rd party email account with different temporary passwords, all very confusing, could not get my iphone or ipad to sync my ntl email.  Eventually, after the advisor seeking advice, we started all over again an hour later and it actually worked. 

Thank you for popping back to us @caroleben and I am so sorry for any confusion caused by the email.

We are glad that this has now been resolved for you, please do pop back to the forums in the future should you need any help and we will do all we can.