cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Turn Off Websafe and Child Safe

Beece1978
Joining in

Having a nightmare today,

Seems for some reason the above have been activated since yesterday. 

Am unable to turn them off, I log into the settings page and the sliders are already grey, if I slide them to the right and back I just get the cannot save changes message. And now when I try to access the page I cant even get to it I get a "Oops You caught us hard at work" 

Absolute joke, cant change the settings, unable to get to speak to anyone on the phone, no live chat so now Im stuck with knobbled internet. Cant even make a complaint as any means of complaining is now inaccessible

It seems others have had these issues, anyone got any advice on how to get this problem solved.

cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Perhaps your extensive research chose to ignore workarounds like these ... 

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

Below are workarounds for when Child Safe & Virus Safe does not or cannot be turned off

Changing network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access for the device.

Try computers with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For XBOX or Playstation: modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

For Android: 

Settings >> Connections >> More connection settings >> Private DNS

Set “Private DNS provider name” to:  dns.google   (disable when using mobile data)

Sky Q with VM Hub

May see message “It looks like you do not have an internet connection”

Set the Sky Q DNS to a Public DNS to resolve connection caused by VM’s “Child Safe” DNS content filter blocking access.

Settings >> Status >> Network Connection >> Network Setup >> Advanced Settings >> IP Settings >> Set Manually >> DNS Server: 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 >> Confirm >> back. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beece1978 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Child and Websafe.

I've checked the system and can see you've spoke to the team since yesterday.

Everything should now be sorted, however, please pop back to the community if you need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill