cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t reset my password

dacollie
Settling in

I’ve been sent the email to reset my password and I’m trying to do this but no matter what I put in after about 7 characters it comes up invalid and will not let me progress any further. I have seen other posts where they have been PM’d directly to get this sorted so could someone please help me as it’s not good and I can see it’s an ongoing issue for lots of users. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dacollie, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with resetting your password. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

SarahJ4
Joining in

I am have exactly the same problem! Can anyone advise how to resolve this?

Hi SarahJ4,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue resetting your password. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Rrowley
Joining in

I'm also having the same problem.

I can reset the password to one of my seconary accounts but it doesn't actually change.

I'm having the same problem too. I manged to get on line yesterday with help from VM cusotmer service but can't get to my secondary virgin media email box. I did set the VM mailbox to forward them to my blueyonder account. I am still worried that now I have been hacked I feel like I need to delete my VM account and ask for all data to be removed. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rrowley and my_phone 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome (back) to both of you.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing a similar issue. I'm going to send you both a private message shortly, so please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ