cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating VM Hub & Latency question

nazuro
Joining in

Hello, I gather from reading the forum that I can pay a £25 fee for a Virgin Engineer to relocate the entry point to my house for the Virgin Media fibre cable.

However, I would like to keep the existing external entry point but just have a longer cable that is then drilled through an internal wall to a new location. Is this still within the remit of a Virgin engineer under the £25 callout fee? 

Secondly, I am alerted almost daily by my Unifi router that there is high latency / packet loss. Is this something Virgin can help diagnose please? What's the best step forward here. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 09.40.19.png 

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK, the £25 will cover the additional cable needed.

As for the latency, try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Also Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes £25 will cover what you want done. Set up a BQM to show your latency.

Setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nazuro
Joining in

Great, thank you both.

Tried the service fault number. It recognized my mobile device but it seems still associated with my previous postcode (I transferred my service 4 months ago!!!), and I don't have a virgin landline to enter. Nonetheless, i've been receiving these packet loss / latency alerts on average once or twice a day since I've been connected here.

Have set up the monitor - doesn't look too bad actually. This is for the last 24 hours. Note, my Unifi console most recently reported packet loss at Jan 9, 2024 9:40 PM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4335f1d8acc9549f7ad6d6fb1e06b4e472cdd6f3-10-01-2024

Re the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub, hopefully this is what you're after:

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.09.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.24.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.30.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.36.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.51.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 20.16.55.png

EDIT: I'm not able to upload my error log, but it just consists of roughly once every other day of the following:

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v2

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Many thanks for your help

nazuro
Joining in

Hello, is anyone able to help please? Should I log a ticket with Virgin Media somehow?

Morning @nazuro 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill