cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install issues

wbro74
Joining in

Hi.  Returning customer after a few years.  Having recently moved to a area which has VM, i couldn't wait to kick BT into the bin.  Having issues though regarding the pre install process.  The engineers came out yesterday to fit the brown box outside.  I live in a first floor apartment, due to the layout they had to try and get the install done on the back of the property.  However, because they are all flat roofs leading up to where they could put the box, they said they couldn't fit the box due to not being allowed to work on flat roofs, even though they are trained to do so.  I'm hoping they can sort something out, as i do not want to have to go back to BT.  Has anyone been in a similar situation?

*Edit*  The engineers were apparently supposed to visit again today to do a survery but i haven't heard anything.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What might work is if you pre-lay a pull-rope over the flat roofs to the point where the box is to be installed, they could just drag the co-ax cable over it without having to go on there.  Will be laying loose though.

See what they say when you tell them you will do that.

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and check for the return visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

... if they do actually come back.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wbro74, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the pre-install issues.
May I ask if you've been able to get in touch with the pre-installs team to see what the update is regarding this?
You can reach out to them on 0345 454 1111 and they will inform you.

Let us know what they say.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Ilyas_Y

Has the pre-install team changed their number? It used to be 0800 052 1734

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jpeg1, 

Thanks for your post. 

The pre-install team can be reached on both the 0345 454 1111 number as well as the number you've posted 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wbro74
Joining in

Well, seems the survey team said no bueno.  And, i'm kinda relieved bacause holy s**t i could not bare to have to deal with the support team any more.  Absolutely annoying and frustrating dealing with them.  Many times cut off, many times communication problems, many times being put on hold for the simplest thing.  So, guess i'll be sticking with crappy BT, but at least their customer service is tolerable.

So you might want to regard this entire episode as dodging a bullet then?

Hi wbro74 👋

Thank you for returning to the thread to keep us updated. 

Sorry to hear your feedback about your customer service experience, and the survey team advised we are unable to provide services. 

Please do let us know if there is anything else you need our help and support with in future. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly