cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Connect App

ScottDuff
Joining in

Hi all,

could someone help me with getting the App to work. I’ve tried deleting/reinstalling it, turning off the Hub and calling the help line. Still the app doesn’t connect/see the hub.

any help would be great 

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ScottDuff,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, can you please provide a screenshot of the error you are getting, can you also make sure the device you are connecting on does not have any VPNs installed on it which would mask the connection.

Joe

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forget the App - its flaky at best, and isn't even supported for the latest Hub5 yet! 

What Hub model do you have....  and what are you trying to do that cant be done by logging into the Hub settings and making changes there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

IMG_4328.png

 And we don’t use any VPN’s.

thanks.

Client62
Legend

Ditch the VM Connect app is a too unreliable as you can see.

Manage the Hub at http://192.168.0.1/  

hey, I have the hub3, we ordered the booster pod to expand the WiFi signal around the house but since we can’t get the app to work we cannot add the pod. 

Hi ScottDuff

I am sorry you have been unable to order a pod online.

I will send you a private message now so I can help further. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Client62
Legend

The endless repetition of this situation is exactly why we do not use the VM Connect app and we bought our own Wi-Fi Access Points avoiding the locked down VM Pods. With home networks having control is critical.