cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation: Wall socket issue

Impromptu9582
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I've received the QuickStart installation kit and got to the first step with plugging into the isolator wall socket. However the wall socket (which my landlord has confirmed is Virgin Media's) is missing the actual socket (image 1).

The box does however have a hole in the bottom, through which i could see some kind of cable but couldn't reach it (image 2). Unscrewing the screws didn't allow me to take the box off the wall and have a look and I really don't want to damage anything inside so I've ordered an engineer installation.

The landlady has said she absolutely does not what another hole drilled in the wall so can anyone tell me whether this connection might be fixed by the engineer with the changes just being made internally with the box?

1. wall socket (front)1. wall socket (front)

2. cable inside wall socket (through hole in bottom)2. cable inside wall socket (through hole in bottom)

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cable inside the box needs connecting to a socket, you will need a VM technician for this. 

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than using the breakout at the front, which leaves the cable sticking out at an angle, the previous user has made a hole in the bottom of the box. The required inline isolator can be seen through the hole, so is in place. If you can unscrew the faceplate all you have to do is push your provided connector over the isolator output, then replace the faceplate. No engineer needed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks