Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket help

Rory183
Joining in

IMG_5569.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpeg

IMG_5567.jpeg

Hi, just received my new router and don't have a wall socket for quick installation. We had virgin before but had tv and broadband. There is no wall socket but just the attached setup. Black cable comes directly in from the outside box then goes into one box then out to a splitter which I assume was for tv and broadband previously.
any ideas if it is possible to setup without having to wait for an engineer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Rory183 wrote:

Just either of the two coming out of the splitter? Or disconnect the splitter and use the single on going into there? Don't really want loads of wasted cables around. 

Straight into the coax cable coming out of the isolator if you want.

Power levels could be affected, but won't break anything if you try.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

Plug (screw) the router directly into one of the threaded coax cables.

Just either of the two coming out of the splitter? Or disconnect the splitter and use the single on going into there? Don't really want loads of wasted cables around. 

@Rory183 wrote:

Straight into the coax cable coming out of the isolator if you want.

Power levels could be affected, but won't break anything if you try.

Thanks I will give that a go now and if not I will re connect it and use one that is coming out of the splitter.

All seems to be working. Will check it all properly tomorrow and see if it's better in the splitter coax or as it is

If you are getting expected speeds from this site, and your connection is stable, you should be ok:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/