cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Extension Cable for my Hub

AmelieE
Joining in

Hi ! Jumping on this thread as well, im interested in procuring a longer cable as well to maximise location of the VM router. 

How can i get one? 

Thank you!!

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe VM can supply a 3 Mtr pre made cable for this.  Any more than this, will need a tech visit.  It's a standard £25 non call out fee.  The tech will do any relocation you need and check the signal levels etc when finished.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss with you directly.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bozzy
On our wavelength

Sorry for jumping back in....I do need that extension just to lift the superhub out the way of a load of kit and give it clear line of site aboud the house.

Hi Bozzy 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

As Adduxi has mentioned above there is a standard charge depending on what you want doing.

I can take a look for you and see what we can do by further investigating 🧐.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AmelieE 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms onto the community forum 🤗.

If you are still interested in a longer cable, we may need to send an engineer out to have a look there is a standard charge to this, and depending on what you want doing and if we are able to do so. 

As Adduxi has mentioned if you would like this then please let us know and we will reach out to you further on this.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi there ! 
yes I need the cable (my router is inconveniently placed in my bedroom and want to improve my range but placing it on a shelf that is more practical. 

while we’re at it, we’ve been having issues with stability of network as foxes are chewing cables up front- someone was supposed to come and re pull a new cable with a bit more protection but that never happened. 

I'll be more than happy to help @AmelieE 

Will pop you a PM now 📩

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs