cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expecting delivery on 1st December

husky123
Joining in

Hi Sorry to disturb you,

I'm expecting delivery on the 1st December for my new equipment aka TV and broadband. It has not been a good start so far dealing with virgin media, I would have expected to receive notifications or emails from yourselves to say the items have been collect by yodel and are on they way, but so far nothing and this is making me extremely nervous. The current bb connection terminates on the 30th Nov, I do not want to be without a connection due to Virginmedia and yodels inability to complete a simple collection and delivery. I have read this forum and seen some of the horror stories and I don't want to be another one these stories. Any help to alleviate my fears would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

You're are not disturbing anyone. A lesson for next time is to allow a 2-4 week buffer between services. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

carl_pearce
Community elder

Just to add do you know if the VM connections in your home are in a working state?

I would recommend to push your disconnection date!

SteNix2020
Up to speed

Is nothing showing under your Orders page? Normally day before dispatch yodel will contact you to say they have items and will be delivered next day.

husky123
Joining in

Thank you for the responses, unfortunately the bb disconnection date cannot be changed. The order page says order placed. The expected delivery is not till the 1st Dec. Nothing more. I may just be being paranoid but the lack of communication is unsettling to say the least.

husky123
Joining in

Well I contact virgin media and asked them about this, they response "everything is fine it's scheduled, you'll get your equipment on 1st December", Unfortunately I do not believe them and if this is how the company is ran it leave a lot to be desired, ever since the customer service team was removed from the UK and outsourced, the level of cs as well as the level of communication between the customer and virgin has dropped. What I mean by this, it's the day before the expected delivery of the new equipment, I've still not had contact from yodel or virgin for that matter to say the equipment has been dispatched and to expect it tomorrow. So more than like this will be the last communication here as my current bb expires at midnight. It literally goes to show what a nightmare dealing with these companies really is. They promise you an easy and frustrating free experience, yet that is all it has been since placing the order.

Hi husky123,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry for the lack of communication regarding your delivery of equipment, this is not the service we aim to provide to any customer.

Can we just confirm that you did receive your equipment on the date it was expected.

If you need any further help or support, please pop back here and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.