cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show and cannot install

Eddie_CCW
Joining in

As an existing customer, i moved into my new property, and I had scheduled an appointment with VM on 28th December 2023, expecting an engineer to come and install my broadband service at my residence. However, despite the confirmed appointment, no engineer showed up as promised. I’ve contacted through the chatbot at 15:01 and the agent has get back to me they will be arrived around 17:52. So I wait until 6pm and no one call me. After that I’ve called through the phone at 18:06 and the agent said they are on the way and promise me the installation can be made by today.

And I have wait until 19:10 and call again, this time the agent said the engineer had been arrived at 6 and called me but in vain so he left. But according to my phone history there are no any call received since 27th December 2023. So the installation cannot be done, and need to reschedule me to 2nd January.

Is this common and why me and my wife need to suffer and own the responsibility to reschedule due to the engineer lie (I think) and mistake. So panic and we cannot work for a few days.

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Eddie_CCW 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and the situation you find yourself in 😔

Have you specifically spoken to the pre-installation team (0800 052 1734) about this matter? If so, did they advise there's absolutely no way of bringing the appointment forward?

Information on our Automatic Compensation Scheme, which covers delayed installs, can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Dear Daniel,

We have already being told to reschedule to 2nd January 2024 (To be honest, we need to work so it’s the best to do it as soon as possible, but they just so no to 29th and 30th December 2023😃) also, i haven’t receive any message and email to confirm my appointment on 2nd Jan, just have verbal confirmation that makes us very insecure. Can you help with that? We don’t want to face this situation again as it affects our daily life and work very much.

thank you and please let me know you are working with us please😃.

best regards,

Eddie

Hi @Eddie_CCW, thank you for your response. We understand your concern.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Dear Daniel,

I have replied your message, please have a look and solve my request.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Eddie