cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped kerb

V23
Joining in

Dear Sirs,

I am currently in the process of getting a dropped kerb installed for a driveway. I believe I have a Virgin Media manhole on the pavement where the dropped kerb is to be installed. The manhole cover has CAT V written on it, see attached photo.

Could you please arrange the planning team's a site visit to determine what works may be required (kerb dropped) .

image002 (1).pngIMG-20230429-WA0000 (1).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this post - Manhole Cover - Dropped Kerb - Virgin Media Community - 5289967

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

V23
Joining in

Hi Matt, 

I am in the process of getting dropped kerb and also got the CATV manhole cover in the footpath.

Could you please share the VM's contact details.

I emailed the diversion team and called on 0800 408 0088 but no response.

Many Thanks,

Vas

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this post - Manhole Cover - Dropped Kerb - Virgin Media Community - 5289967

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

V23
Joining in

It would help if the relevant VM staff to respond and arrange a site visit and confirm their fee, thanks.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is basically a community forum with staff backup. Staff can take several days to respond to posts. I believe the process is that you are charged for the call-out to asses the network change, then you will get a quote for the work that needs to be done.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM charges a non-refundable inspection fee of £240 before they will inspect the site and advise of any additional charges.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection