cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband after local area fault

Mickeyd76
Joining in

I’ve been a virgin media customer for nearly 10 years now.I’ve been a virgin media customer for nearly 10 years now. I’ve had the usual local service issues where connectivity is down for hours at a time.

Yesterday lunchtime, the broadband went down in our house, And after checking the local service on the virgin website, it said there was a local fault in the area which would be repaired by an engineer by 10 o’clock that night.

At 11 o’clock there was still no sign of the service resuming so I checked the website again only this time there was no local area fault. After a series of steps it told me that the fault lay in my house and asked me to book a service engineer.

The box currently has a flashing green light on it (with a constant green light above it).

I am a little perplexed because Watt followed a local area. Fault seems to have now turned into a problem with my box or wiring. I find this very unlikely given that nothing has changed in our house. I’ve done the usual steps of trying to check the wiring, resetting the router et cetera, but there is still no sign of recovery. 

I can’t help but feel that this is not something in my house and I will wait until the engineer visit to be needlessly out of service for a few days.

I don’t suppose anyone can offer any support or advice of anything I can do in the meantime to try and restore our service. I work from home and I have the usual situation with children, devices, television et cetera depending on Internet.

If not, I’m prepared to wait until the engineer visit but if someone is able to offer any health information, I would be very grateful. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mickeyd76 

There may still be a local issue, the online tester is mainly geared toward wider issues.

If nothing is now showing  under /check-services/i  function  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali