cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

Hodson88
Joining in

Contract signed back in October 2023, between then and now (3rd Feb 2024) we’ve had two lots of external construction works, five missed installation appointments, four site surveys and plenty of excuses. Despite having raised complaints via email we are still no further. Our next installation date is the 9th of Feb which we’re not holding our breath for, has anyone else had these issues and how did you get them resolved? We are currently waiting for a lifeline to be installed in the house so the delays are quite worrying encase something happens in the meantime 

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, this is common, read down this forum for examples. Make sure you keep copies of all communications from VM as you will be entitled to compensation for the delays. Regrettably there is little you can do to speed things up. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

TigerLilly1
Tuning in

i have just posted similar, last night. Signed up in November 2023. Keep telling me i need external works outside my house laying cables. But the sub contractors have not come out!! Thus i cant get anything installed. 
Numerous calls to pre installation dept - who just pretty much lie and fob you off. 
im at my wits end here too? 

seems like you actually have had people out? So do you know the reason why so many visits? Is it a complex job? 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hodson88 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hodson88
Joining in

Update three Virgin media vans turned up today, after an hour they told my wife they needed to check something and would be back shortly but never returned, marvellous service 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is just their way of introducing you to the Virginmedia style of service. They work hard to get to the bottom of the customer satisfaction tables.

If you do ever get connected, you'll know how it works. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hodson88
Joining in

Update- chatting with Daniel_Et again today, advised engineers coming out today to external work, great we’re getting somewhere. Then they don’t bother turning up, not a phone call not an email sweet **bleep** all. Oh and a text message to say install appointment delayed another two weeks 

Hodson88
Joining in

Still no update on permits for road works to be carried out, local council say no permits have been applied for, reply from our complaint advises to call pre installation team who can not tell us anything just that they are waiting for permits 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The "coming today, trust me" is the standard answer to get you off the line. 

The "waiting for permit" is the standard answer to excuse the lack of progress. 

They will either install one day, or decide the installation is too difficult /expensive to continue. Unfortunately there is little you can do in the meantime apart from counting the compensation. 

- jpeg1

Hi there @Hodson88 

I am so sorry to hear that this has been on going and I can fully understand your frustrations. I can see you are still chatting with a member of our team via the PM they will continue to do all they can to help so please do keep chatting there. 

Thank you again for your update and we are so sorry that this has happened.