Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Internet randomly dropping, constant orange HUB light.

Hi,So starting from about 7 days ago now my internet has been intermittently dropping in and out and when I went to restart my router I noticed the light on my VM Hub 3 was orange. I looked it up and noticed that others were having the same issue so ...

Kedasin by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited connectivity notes in Connect app

Hi, I have what appears now to be a very reliable WiFi setup, whereby I have all areas of my home covered with robust and fast WiFi, thanks to the addition of two VM WiFi Pods to my Hub 5. I am using modern connected devices throughout including iPho...

Almedia by Dialled in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet not connecting after service should be fixed

HiMy internet has been off most of the day. It has said that the fix would be at 10pm. Now on the service status on the website says that it is fixed but I am still getting no internet or on demand TV. When I run through the checker on the app it say...

tdelake by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light after network outage

Hi,tgis afternoon there was an outage in my area. Virgin says that this is resolved (after 6 hours) but I still have no internet and after several reboots and a full reset my hub 5 still has a red flashing light.the best that Virgin can offer is an e...

m4ttyl33 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin WiFi no longer works after power surge

Seems to be a common issue with Virgin when googling, after a power surge there is no way to get he WiFi back and to top it off Virgin are charging us to have a technician come out, in two days time. Noticed other people in the community have this is...

Tasha4 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pod showing offline

I have 2 pods, both connected by Ethernet. Both work fine but for one reason one shows offline in the connect app. I know it’s not offline because the app shows when my phone is connected to the pod rather than the hub.  Also the speed on the pod is ...

Hub password

I can login to my hub settings the password on the bottom of the router is not working and have tried resetting it and still not working 

Internet Dropouts

Hi AllI have been suffering with internet dropouts for the last few monthsI have had tech support on the phone numerous times but they have been absolutely useless - i finally convinced them to send around and engineer (after threats of them saying i...

kylewc_0-1687852110598.png
kylewc by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pods & Hub5x

Hi all,So after 7 weeks of trying to get a WiFi pod  ordered, it has finally arrived today. I have plugged it into wall socket and nothing...Well not nothing I get the green light which then changes to the blue flashing light after 10mins it's still ...

Dizzwell by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos