Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

VM Hub 5 Updated

Just an update and seeing if anyone else is getting this update. My Hub 5 Recently went super slow for around 15 mins (was fine over Ethernet, but wifi was stuck on 2.4ghz) and then speeds shot through the roof, faster than they have ever been. I am ...

TeddyTRK by Superfast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lousey wifi signal and service

Why does it take a moan on  twitter (via a family member) to get any action for Virgin to acknowledge me.  I've been promised a new router over a month ago and still nothing has materialised.   They give incentive deals to new customers but cannot su...

Timeout resolving DNS

Hi all,I am experiencing an issue when trying to resolve certain sites via Virgins DNS servers.it started with a work site that I access over VPN I used to be able to access it fine on my superhub 3 but can’t since upgrading to a 5 but not sure if th...

Rich6767 by Tuning in
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi

My WiFi hub has a solid amber light but it is working is something wrong with my hub 

Wi-Fi booster needed

Please can someone from Virgin reply to me. i was told I could get a free Wi-Fi booster by the sales agent, Ass one of my rooms has very bad reception, but no matter where I try I can’t get anyone to help me. The “help me” but says it is connecting m...

Fennellt by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Booster

Hi there, I was advised to download and use the connect app to scan my rooms that have zero Wi-Fi connection.  Once I’d done this I could order a booster in the app if the results were poor.The results are poor but I can’t see how to order the booste...

Wifi Booster problem

I've had two wifi boosters working perfectly for a while now under the names Booster5G and one under my wifi's name. The one under my wifi's name recently broke, so the person using that one borrowed my wifi booster (Booster5G) temporarily until we g...

Fault

My signal light is lit green, under is 2 flashing green arrows and the bottom is a green light not sky blue  what's wrong I can't connect to WiFi.