Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Resolved! solid red light modem

HelloI have been having a problem with the hub3 - solid red light, this issue has been reported over the phone many times, agents I spoke had reassured me that the replacement hub would be sent but nothing...no email confirmation or replacements. I h...

Ka4 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pods

I’m new to Wi-Fi pods. I now have three but all of them say their connection is just fair. One is the room above the router, other two are in the room next to the router so can’t really get them much closer. the Wi-Fi connect app suggests “ refreshin...

CCTV by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not sure what to do end of contract

Hi there,So my contract is up at the end of this month. I called VM on Monday since my Broadband only price is rising from 42 to 62. I am on 500mbpsI called and asked to speak to retentions. They wasn’t very helpful. They said if I re contract on the...

natty7 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

wife guarantee a complete joke

The much publicised Wifi guarantee/wifi max with VM is really a complete joke. Recently renewed my Volt contract with VM which includes the WIFI guarantee. wifi signal in most of house is v good (as you would expect with their far from cheap top leve...

MicS by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constantly buffering

New to vm installed a month ago but now having to reset router multiple times per day as it keeps buffering and then gives error saying my network is to busy and switch off other devices to reduce bandwidth. Problem is it’s only my tv that is on. You...

JJack by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Improving wifi speed ?

Hi all,great forum and appreciate everyones input.i have the 1 gig package with the hub 5.Mostly get great wifi speeds except for my home office upstairs (router is downstairs). In this room I only get around 200mbs, and only 30mbs upload. Elsewhere ...

Pjoshi78 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub light constantly orange and latency issues

We just moved house, subscribed to Virgin,  got the Hub 3.0, and installed it using the instructions about a week ago. We've noticed that the Hub's light is constantly orange from day one. This definitely isn't an LED issue, as restarting it will cau...

deano02 by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Speeds & higher ping and load times

Hello I’m currently on the M350 and i get 200mbps on average to my device connected via ethernet which is 150 mbps less than my package and thats not even the kicker.My ping,load times,packet loss,bufferin has increased lately, nothings changed in my...

Iqbal7 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dosics 3.1 power levels getting worse

I reported a power related issue over a month ago regarding the Dosics 3.1 power level being really low but after testing was told everything is okSince then , it's been progressively been getting worse and the QAM modulation has dropped like a stone...