cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving wifi speed ?

Pjoshi78
Joining in

Hi all,

great forum and appreciate everyones input.

i have the 1 gig package with the hub 5.

Mostly get great wifi speeds except for my home office upstairs (router is downstairs). In this room I only get around 200mbs, and only 30mbs upload. Elsewhere its 800mbs

I was wondering how I can get close to maximum speeds in my office? Whilst 200mbs if obviously fast, I want the speed to be quicker, as otherwise it defeats the purpose of me paying for the 1gb package.

I requested the wifi pods from virgin, the service rep for some reason was reluctant to order me a set, which was not helpful.

For maximum speeds, what is the best solution for the hub 5 ?  Mesh system, wireless access point? I am willing to invest in the best solution, if its better than the virgin provided pods.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

With well above 20Mb/s (200/30) in the office VM are not likely to supply the VM Pods for free.

To secure Wi-Fi performance equal to being near the Hub but on a different floor, the solutions could be a network cable from the Hub to the Office and suitable Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Access point or a Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Router / Mesh.

Thanks, do you have any recommendations? 

Pjoshi78
Joining in

Im looking to pull the trigger on a mesh system or access point to take advantage of prime day, but unsure of what will work best with the hub 5. I only need better signal in one upstairs room.

thanks again for the help