Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Think a need a new rooter ?? Wi-Fi Is very weak

How do a go about getting a new rooter ??? power levels all seem fine & in spec the problem is a don’t think Wi-Fi part is working properly very weak signal , have to be practically on top me virgin super hub 3 to get Wi-Fi speeds .. soon a move 10ft...

IMG_0099.jpeg IMG_0100.jpeg IMG_0101.jpeg IMG_0102.jpeg

Hub needs reboot

Hi, I have weak signal problems in other rooms, My hub is in the living room but when i go into the dining room the signal is weaker and connection is lost sometimes, this also happens upstairs, when i check virgin media online for faults it says the...

jayjayj by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Move Router

Hi AllI had my router installed a week ago in my office so that I could connect my PC with network cable. Unfortunately, this has meant that the wifi signal to my living room downstairs is cripplingly slow, 9mbps. I tried a 3rd party extender which m...

Volt benefits - WiFi pod

Good evening,Please can you send me another WiFi pod under my Volt benefits.I already have one that has fixed my WiFi signal in the kitchen but I need another one for the study where I work. Are you able to order this for me please as the last advis...

IMG_1749.jpeg IMG_1750.jpeg
Madpug3 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solid Red Light & Intermittent Wifi

So.. after numerous calls to Virgin to request support for a solid red light and intermittent WiFi on my hub I have just been told there is nothing they can do. For the past few months I have had a solid red light on my hub, and the WiFi continually ...

Move broadband cable!!!

How do I make an appointment to have my broadband cable moved. I need a technician asap but so hard to get hold of someone at Virgin to help. My house is being extended and my router is in the middle of a building site.Any advice on how to speak to s...

WiFi Pod required

Good Afternoon I have used the Connect App to test my broadband speeds and it informed me i would benefit from a wifi Pod in bedroom 3For bedroom 3 The connect app says download 18Mbps and Upload 12 MbpsHowever i do have problems in bedroom 2 The app...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 - availability?

Hi Does anyone know when the Hub 5 will be more widely available. My hub 4 is not so good on wifi and would prefer not to have pods around the home. I am on 1g package. Regards     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Grumps70 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi box not arrived, can’t track?

i ordered a wifi box on 16/9 with the delivery date being 19/9, but cannot track it as i ordered through a guest account and cannot make an account, as every time i try to it asks me for an account number and area reference, which i obviously don’t h...