Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Best router for WiFi stability?

Hoping for some advice as I have had enough with the Superhub 3.0 poor wireless connectivity even after speaking with virgin and using the virgin pods. I have called and being told the pod wasn't connected properly and then it wasn't working correctl...

Resolved! Fibre to Coaxial

Why are virgin fibre switching to Coaxial feed into the house as this inhibits the over quality of the fibre and I presume is also the reason the signal is extremely poor once you leave the room where the hub is situated other broadband providers are...

Wifi pods

Hi how do I get the free wifi pods as I'm on m250 an it says we can have them. My son needs one in his room.Many thanks 

Hub 3 Ethernet Ports

Is anyone having problems with their ethernet ports? Every time my Hub 3 reboots none of the ethernet devices reconnect.This is a real problem as I have to use a Mesh system to get wifi around my relatively small house. Heaven knows what the walls ar...

Macnite by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VM Hub 3 alternatives

Hi all, I'm sure this question is going to get me a load of subjective answers, but I'll risk it!I've had such problems with connectivity over the last 12 months (mainly WiFi dropping out) that I'm looking for an VMHub 3 alternative (Router or Mesh)....

leecurie by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

No WiFi but Ethernet fine

I have a Hub 3.0 and this morning it appears that my wifi is not working.The hub has started showing a green wifi light.Wired connections are fine, but there is no wifi available at all. I checked in the hub admin settings and it suggests that wifi i...

Hub 4 overheating

My hub 4 is really hot to touch and this afternoon stopped working. I turned it off and let it cool down and then switched it on again and it was fine. But it’s now really hot again. Can anyone suggest anything as I need it but don’t want to risk an ...

JS999 by Tuning in
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUGE lag spikes these days

Hi,We have experienced huge lag spikes these days that makes gameing impossible. Haven't meet such kind of problems before. Could anyone please give us some ideas?Best regards

Hub 3 Solid red light

My hub 3 has a solid red light, I have restarted and factory reset but this still persists. I have done this a few times in the last few weeks but it has continued to be red rather than the original white. It still gets the Internet. The unit is in a...

Jhrnr by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos