cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Pod order

chrispy1
Dialled in

Yesterday morning 1/12/22 I spent an hour on the chat to order a Wi-Fi Pod. After giving all my details I finally got told It had been ordered.
The thing is I never received an email to confirm the order and it doesn't show anything in orders on the app.

Is there any other way of checking if it has been ordered with out spending hours on the phone?

Thanks for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrispy1 wrote:

Yesterday morning 1/12/22 I spent an hour on the chat to order a Wi-Fi Pod. After giving all my details I finally got told It had been ordered.
The thing is I never received an email to confirm the order and it doesn't show anything in orders on the app.

Is there any other way of checking if it has been ordered with out spending hours on the phone?

Thanks for any advice.

NO.  Unless a VM person replies on here in due course and takes a look.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

chrispy1
Dialled in

I got through again this morning on that live chat. Apparently "there was an ongoing outage in my area" and my order was cancelled. Would have bee nice if I had been contacted about it.
Hopefully  it has been re ordered. Fingers crossed.

Hi @chrispy1 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issue with the order - we can see it's been done for you now.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

This link will help though if you do have any issues: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Keep us posted how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill