Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Still awaiting my netflix activation email

I went through the painstaking process of having to wait almost 24 hours to get through to an agent through the WhatsApp customer service. Eventually after waiting all this time was advised that I will receive my netflix activation email but I am sti...

Any suggestions?

The current VM contract is about to end next month. I was offered two options which are double/triple of my current monthly bill. Would it be more cost-effective to opt for a new VM connection or switch to a different provider?Do you have any recomme...

Resolved! Poor Connection across multiple devices

 HelloWe have a recurring problem where the virgin app shows multiple devices have a poor connection with the red warning triangle. We have a Hub 3 and about 13-15 devices connected, but only every streaming from a maximum of 2 devices at once. Wifi ...

IMG_6645.png IMG_6647.png

Constantly losing connection

HelloMy internet drops out around 4-5 times per day and has done for the last few weeks.  Mainly, this happens over and over in the evening, but now it is also happening during the day (unacceptable when working from home).I have tried re-booting the...

ChloeU by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ip address

My phone can't connect to the WiFi. It says 'can't get IP address. Never had any issues before now. How can I rectify this issue and also where do I even find the IP address? It is not on any of the information on the hub or router. 

Diddie5 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

All 3 WiFi pods have stopped working

Hello,Hopefully somebody can help - yesterday evening all three of my WiFi pods went offline (as per the Connect app status) for no apparent reason. One of them is flashing blue and then green, in cycles. The other two are pulsing white. The Connect ...

MGHLLWS by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Flashing Blue Light

HiI have woke up this morning to my broadband connection failed and a flashing blue light.  I have tried both a reboot and also pressed the wps button.  Online help takes me through to an appointment next Wednesday.  I need broadband to work from hom...

Resolved! Hub5 will not connect to my pod.

I recently had my Hub3 upgraded to a Hub5, but my pod will not connect to the new router. I have followed all the online advice and guidance, but cannot get the pod to connect; the white light just keeps blinking.

Broadband and Tnt Sports

So.. I signed up for VM with an activation date of 30th Oct, this transpired to be an actual activation date of 7th Nov. I was left with no WiFi or TV for a week and had to pay through the nose for additional data bundles with my mobile provider. I w...

Can't upgrade to WiFi Max

I've been trying to upgrade to WiFi Max for months now, since the majority of my house has very poor connection. I'm hoping that a couple of the WiFi pods will fix the problem.I have called multiple times and every time, I am told that a WiFi pod wil...

Jeshida by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos