cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vpn ethernet constantly dropping off - anyone else had this recently?

Falkirkforest99
Joining in

Hi all

I use a vpn ethernet connection to work from home - since Monday the connection drops every couple of minutes. So far I've had a new hub and the promise of a new ethernet cable but my work pc has been tested on a BT ethernet connection and works fine. Has anyone else had problems with this? Any advice most welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ns006m
Tuning in

These something wrong with the hubs wifi.

I had the same problem, 3 engineer visits, all connections changed inside and out, a hub change and was still getting disconnects. I cured the problem by putting the router into modem only mode. Not had a disconnect since.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

ns006m
Tuning in

These something wrong with the hubs wifi.

I had the same problem, 3 engineer visits, all connections changed inside and out, a hub change and was still getting disconnects. I cured the problem by putting the router into modem only mode. Not had a disconnect since.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Falkirkforest99 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection when using a VPN. 

Just to confirm, do any of your other devices have issues with their connection?

Are you able to test if the device you use to work from home connect fine to our services without the VPN? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for the reply - tried typing the 92.168.0.1 into browser but won't respond - might be me being dim but any ideas would be welcome!

All wifi devices are fine - my work pc is the only one to connect to my vpn via ethernet. Work machine has been tested on a bt internet ethernet connection and worked fine and i've had a new VM hub and also used a high speed cable but still won't hold connection.

I take it that would disable the wifi that others in the house use? Sorry for being thick about this stuff!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a better router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your reply - looking like my best option - appreciated!

Hi - is the issue possibly related to the Hub3 and would an upgraded hub help at all?? Losing my marbles here and running out of ideas!!

Are you able to use the work laptop without the VPN running to see if the issue persists? Using the Hub in modem mode will remove the wireless network unless used with a third-party router/mesh system.