cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting Wifi pod with new router

Comeonyouspurs
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently was sent a new router. I had a wifi pod that was paired with my old router. I have tried to reconnecting it to the new router, but I am not having any luck. I also tried using the Connect App, selecting Add Wifi Pod, but I am receiving an error message that says "According to our system you don't have any Wifi Pods to install". Per google it seems to say the wifi pod should reconnect automatically... but mine is not. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how did you resolve it? 

Thanks,
Nick

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably needs reactivating onto your account - try this....

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Comeonyouspurs, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've experienced with the Wi-Fi pod and the new router.

Can you please confirm if you've since been able to follow the advice offered to you from @jbrennand, to see if this has been the cause of the fault?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Comeonyouspurs
Joining in

Thanks @jbrennand.

I ended up unplugging it for 24 hours, and then plugged it back in and it worked!

Thanks for the update @Comeonyouspurs, and I'm pleased to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Do please keep us updated with any further issue you encounter and we'll be on hand to assist further where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Corduroysack
Joining in

I'm having exactly the same problem as you, going to ring that number in previous comments and go down that route

Hi Corduroysack

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

Have you spoken to the team since posting?

Is this now resolved?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide