cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS IS BECOMING A JOKE

ukdobby
Tuning in

For the past 2 weeks I've had nothing but internet dropping out, last week I was told there was an issue in my area which still hasn't been fixed no updates or anything, I work for home and without internet that is stable I can't do anything which means I've lost out on my income , is there anyway I can find out an update about this issue in the area coz I'm fed up of an automated test online just saying it's being fixed but no idea when 

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

For the current status of the VM service in your street call the automated number : 0800 561 0061

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ukdobby 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with an outage and we understand how frustrating this can be. We can assure you our teams are doing all they can to get this resolved for you. 

I have taken a look and I can see that the outage is currently estimated to be completed today at 1.15pm. Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

The time has changed twice since then it wasn't getting fixed until 6pm tonight now I've been told it's not getting fixed until Thursday morning. If it wasn't for the fact there are no other internet providers in my area then I would be leaving I have lost out of over 2 weeks of income due to this and it still continuing this is bang out of order now 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Residential contracts have no service level agreements.  For that you need to be on a VM Business contract to get prompt resolution.  That said... faults like this will still occur and can often take longer than first predicted to get fixed.  SO if your income depends on it you might want to consider a backup option.   Perhaps a cheap monthly contract with another supplier - or if that's not possible,  a cheap 5G/4G SIM option.  Smarty (on the Three network) have unlimited data SIMS for £20/month (sometimes cheaper) on a month by month basis.  So you can leave it dormant and reactivate it when these issues arise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @ukdobby, thank you for your response. 

We're sorry to hear you feel this way.

I can see the estimated fix time is now showing as today at 6pm. Please let us know how things are looking at that point.

Regards,
Daniel

That's been the same every day this week 

ukdobby
Tuning in

STILL NOT FIXED ! 

Neither of them are an option sadly as virgin media is the only supplier in my area , and a SIM is no good as my desktop pc has no way off connecting to it as it is ethernet connected online without WiFi 

Hi @ukdobby 

Really sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. 

I have taken a look at my side and can see the estimate fix time has been extended to 31st October 2023 at 13:00. My apologies for the delay in resolving this issue. I can assure you, our engineers are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. Once the outage looks closed/fixed, please reboot your equipment and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley