cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange hub3 behaviour

CJ38
Tuning in

I have separate SSID's for my wifi. One morning I found that I had no 5Ghz wifi. The 2.4 was working as was the direct connection to the hub. When I did the 192.168.0.1 to find out what was going on it said there was already a connection and I couldn't do a second one. I switched the hub off for a few minutes then switched on and everything was back to normal. So what do you think was going on there and should I be worried

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can go with that thank you. That just leaves the question why did my 5GHz wifi stop working

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the Hub just needed a rest.   🙂

The power cycle just gave the Hub a "refresh".  I believe VM would recommend a power cycle once a week.  Nothing to worry about, unless of course it gets much worse.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Managing the Hub 3 via Wi-Fi is the cause of finding your last Hub 3 admin session still active.

To avoid this problem, 1) Only manage the Hub 3 via a wired network connection. 2) Always logout.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Adduxi wrote:

I believe VM would recommend a power cycle once a week. 

Just enough time for not coding the hub to renew DHCP and needing a reboot.😋

My hub has been on for 197 days and I once had it on for so long the uptime reset to 0 think its upto 512days when it reset 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yeap, my Hub (modem mode) only gets a reboot if there is a prolonged power outage.

Unless it falls over of it's own accord ......   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The Hub lockout one of the Hub's known features, to be enjoyed if you try to log in both ways.  Always use the ethernet connection and log out afterwards. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I can go with that thank you. That just leaves the question why did my 5GHz wifi stop working