cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow network speeds

JMLV
Joining in

Hi all,

I have Gig1 fibre and a hub5. I'm getting correct broadband speed into the hub.. but nothing like the speeds I should be getting for any device connected to it (max speed I can get on anything is about 270 Mbps.  Currently, I have the hub in modem mode, and I'm using Deco's as router and APs - but I've already tried taking the Deco's out of the equation completely (and putting the hub back in router mode) and I still have the same issue.  Whatever device I use, whether wired or wireless, I'm still only able to achieve speeds of around 270 Mbps - and this on devices that are capable of 866 upwards.

Any help greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

FrazerG
On our wavelength

I'm just going to add that I've just checked mine, and I'm getting 53 MB Download and 0.33 upload. This is using an ethernet :/. I pay for the 1.1gb broadband. Formerly with Vodafone (A great provider). 

carl_pearce
Community elder

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If your not happy that servers on the internet and routing can't give you 1Gb downgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JMLV 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues that you have had with your speeds. We would like to take a further look into this by bringing you into a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Unfortunately, that site won't work as I'm now back in modem mode for the hub, and using the deco as the router (which that site can't talk to). But thank you for your help.

I'm not sure what this means. There are obviously many servers that can give me things much faster than the speeds I'm currently getting.