cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement hub - FLOOD VICTIM

altern8
Tuning in

Holy s$$t, it's easier to contact the dead!!

20 mins going through menu's by phone and still not a living breathing human in sight...

We have been in the middle of the floods in Stapleford and need a new superhub as it was submerged. Can someone PLEASE get back and tell me how to get one. Dealing with insurance and loss adjusters by mobile is a nightmare. Already uploaded 30+ pictures and documents that all had to be tagged correctly.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's best to call at 8am, and report complete loss of service (so you should get automatic compensation). Do not assume that services will resume soon as equipment such as power cabinets, amplfiers and cables could have been damaged. Furthermore VM will most likely want to send a tech round and there is likely to be a long wait for an appointment.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Client62
Legend

Poor fellow.  You might also need VM to repair all the street cabinets if those have been submerged.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi altern8,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the flooding. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have been able to speak with the team already regarding this. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

^Martin

What superb service ... NOT!!!!

After finally getting through was told 3-5 days delivery. Great news though, only 4 days later I received a router CABLE...

BEYOND WORDS HOW INEPT THIS COMPANY IS

Hi @altern8 👋.

Apologies for the issues that you have been facing with obtaining a new Hub. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

You know if there was an REAL person this side of India you wouldn't have achieved the awesome reputation VM now have. Why does it take many phone calls and time to half sort something, then get replies of 'sorry.....' on this forum?! Because 9 times out of 10 it then gets sorted. I realise it's a strange concept to have a call centre in the country of service these days, but how is the current way a decent business model.