cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Bad connection

dowre70
Joining in

I live in Isleworth, where the only good connection that surpasses 50mbps is virgin median. I had no issues with them for 1 year, then 2 months ago it started going off and on. The connection works for 20 minutes then stops for 5 and so on. Called them 3 weeks ago, they sent a technician, he changed the virgin media hub. I tried to give it a week and the same issue. Had to call them for 5 times in 3 days so they can send one again to change everything and hopefully solve the situation, and plus they want £25 plus to change everything. I am so close to switch to BT since I am so fed up with them.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this

Firstly... Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dowre70 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your services at this time. 

I haven't been able to locate you on the systems at our side. Just to double check, does our status checker show any outages affecting you currently? You can also call our status line on 0800 561 0061 or check your My Virgin Media for more information. 

If no outages are found, what is advised when you run through the checks by clicking 'still having issues?' on the service status page? 

Please do keep us updated on how your next technician appointment goes and we'll be able to support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley