Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

Connection Issues When Multiple Devices In Use

Hoping for some advice as to the root cause of an issue I'm experiencing with my M250 broadband.Basically, whenever both my partner and I are in our flat and separately using devices online, my partner (who tends to be in a room located further from ...

Wifi pod issues

My WiFi pod which I received free as part of my Volt benefits has been working fine for months.Early this morning I noticed the light was flashing white and the pod was no longer being found on the Connect app. I unplugged the pod and then plugged it...

Segata by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 4 - ethernet status lights?

Hi does the Hub 4 have status lights on Ethernet ports. Only asking as I had issues with connecting my laptop to the hub and had no internet access. It’s working now.     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Hassan69 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! downloading a game get packet loss

Hey Can anyone help me i moved from virgin to bt fibre and i use my own router when i down load a game i get loads of red packet loss on my thinkbroadband graph can anyone tell me why?I had the asus ax89x router in that was doing it and i changed to ...

RockerSBM_0-1700526001955.png

Resolved! Internet: access denied (KT18)

At my wits end here. Been onto Twitter support all day with no joy so turning to you for help.Broadband has been down since 11am today (20/11/2023). Checked the status page and no issues reported. There were issues with TV.I’ve been through the whole...

banjhiyi by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant intermittent issues KA13

Hey all, 3 weeks ago we had very bad internet drops, near constant during the day and weekends...took about 10 days before we got a stable connection again.Cut to yesterday and I woke up to our hub 5x flashing blue with no connection, followed by the...

JoshYS by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Moving Superhub to another room

Our TV is on the ground floor but the Internet Superhub was originally installed upstairs.It is now in an inconvenient location and I wonder if someone could contact me to arrange to move the Superhub downstairs please?Many thanks,Chris

CH1 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Fibre access

Hey,Hopefully someone else has some experience with this and can help out!I've been waiting for over 2 years for Virgin to install Fibre broadband in my area with no luck. However, very recently I learned that the buildings on either side of me have ...

allcrcs by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub light Red but internet working

My hub light is solid red but internet still seems to be working, although sometimes unstable, particulary streaming.I have read the forums. I have turned it off, reset it, checked all connections as per previous posts on the forum but the light rema...

Loopy1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos