Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

Resolved! Pods please?

New user on Volt. Finally got the connect app to work  I have a very poor 12Mb connection in one room & 6Mb in another. But the app just gives the option to save my results. No mention of how to order a couple of free pods?Pretty please, can I have 2...

Paynter by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Criticial Warning: RCS Partial Service - Please help!

Hi Virgin folks,I am a broadband customer and as I work from home, stability of my connection is very important. For a number of months our router has experienced erratic dropouts of connection at any time of the day. Sometimes I'll be disconnected f...

hagmish by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet outage in my home

Recently I have been experiencing a problem where the router goes offline at the same time each day (past 3 days) The sequence is, the internet goes offline the router (superhub 4.0) reboots (white ring) flashes blue, reboots then flashes yellow/gr...

odemode by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wi-Fi still not working with hub and 2 pods

I have been using virgin Wi-Fi for 3 years now and my son still can’t get a decent connection in his bedroom. It’s not a huge house! We have been given 2 pods, which helped slightly with his gaming (still lags a bit). Now we have found that he can’t ...

Resolved! Broadband in South Croydon area

I have been testing my signal via the virgin media site and for the last few weeks have got  a statement saying "Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services". But this message has been the same for weeks? Does anyone know wha...

GarryL by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mesh as an access point disconnects

I have a Hub 4 as the Cable Modem and am using a Mesh system to extend WiFi through the house. My preferred way of working is to use the Mesh system in access point mode and let the CM do the DHCP/router job. This is due to needing multiple ethernet ...

jonbxx by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet rebooting daily at inconvienient times

Hi everyone,over the last 4-6 weeks I have noticed my internet is resetting itself often and at very inconvienient times. Usually when I need it to be stable for work or live streaming, online gaming.Virgin media was great up until recently but this ...

Quinn by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub on mains timer?

Due to ongoing problems detailed on another thread I'm considering plugging my hub into a mains timer to turn it off for 15 minutes every day to reboot the hub and clear any errors while I'm away for a few months and unable to reboot if necessary. Wo...

tonyw2 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Long standing intermittent connectivity issue

I have been suffering with intermittent internet connectivity for several months (if not years). Often the service checker cannot spot an issue, so getting any help has been tricky.When the connection is intermittent, it also coincides with high pack...