cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in my area

Ali1237788
Joining in

There is an outage in my area, a few hours is fine but I gave virgin a call yesterday about it, and the guru reassuring me it would be ready by 3am following day. It has now been 7 hours after the initial time it would be GUARANTEED that it would be fixed. I talked to someone else this morning saying that there is an updated time of 4pm today but this isn’t guaranteed. It’s very inconvenient as my daughter has an online exam in the next hour and we are having to take her to another house to sit her exam which just adds stress. I have also been given text message updates with an update at 8.05am saying that everything is fixed but that is not the case at all

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

VM only give estimated fix times.  It would be impossible to give an actual fix time as there are many variables to consider.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ali1237788 wrote:

There is an outage in my area, a few hours is fine but I gave virgin a call yesterday about it, and the guru reassuring me it would be ready by 3am following day. It has now been 7 hours after the initial time it would be GUARANTEED that it would be fixed. I talked to someone else this morning saying that there is an updated time of 4pm today but this isn’t guaranteed. It’s very inconvenient as my daughter has an online exam in the next hour and we are having to take her to another house to sit her exam which just adds stress. I have also been given text message updates with an update at 8.05am saying that everything is fixed but that is not the case at all

Yet another case of CS telling you what you want to hear to get rid of you. There is NO fixed SLA for resolution of faults on residential class Broadband services. There is a compensation scheme that kicks in after 48 hours of total loss, but apart from that there are no guaranteed fix times.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

No ISP provides guarantees for residential broadband. If you must have broadband my standard advice is to get a MiFi router and a 4G data-only SIM card on a 30-day plan.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ali1237788,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the outage in your area. 

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see any reported area issues now. 

If you are still having service issues then please do let us know so we can investigate further. 

^Martin