cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user Q: Merge Bands???

Arkham24601
Joining in

Had VM 1Gig (Hub5x) installed yesterday. Tried using the VM app and I had this message pop up - is this something I should do and if it doesn't work is it easy to reverse?

IMG_3584.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app will pester endlessly to merge the SSID, the reason for this is VM's Wi-Fi Pods require a merged SSID to function.

If you prefer or require to operate split SSID on the 2.4 & 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands, ditch the VM Connect app and mange the Hub via its menu which is at http://192.168.0.1/  where it is easy to split / merge the SSID as required.

We have been with VM since 2017, we do not have the VM Connect app installed, we do not want or need it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app will pester endlessly to merge the SSID, the reason for this is VM's Wi-Fi Pods require a merged SSID to function.

If you prefer or require to operate split SSID on the 2.4 & 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands, ditch the VM Connect app and mange the Hub via its menu which is at http://192.168.0.1/  where it is easy to split / merge the SSID as required.

We have been with VM since 2017, we do not have the VM Connect app installed, we do not want or need it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not withstanding the Connect App is not fully compatible with the Hub 5X yet to boot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Arkham24601
Joining in

What confused me is that only see one SSID so I assume that my bands are merged anyway. Is this app just a bit rubbish? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey Arkham24601, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this. Also a warm welcome to the community.

As mentioned above this is true for now, how has everything been over the weekend ?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?