cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Signal Issue

atooin
Joining in

This is very frustrating. I have an "Intermittent Signal Issue" when I check the status of my network. This has been going on for about a month now. Getting in contact with VM support is a nightmare. I've rebooted the device using the power switch and the small reset button as well as made sure all cable connections are intact.

Customer support has advised that someone will get back to me on this matter during business hours and that someone has to be home. How does this work when all residents are working during business hours? Why have I not been given a specific time?!

I also haven' heard back from anyone for the past few days! Really considering cancelling my contract at this point. Could someone please advise. 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check for the latest info in two places - report bck what they are saying.

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Both say no issues affecting the area

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK - what are the actual actual issues you experience ?  Apart from a warning message when you check status - what happens on the connection?

Also, can we check… are these issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yellowday
Joining in

Having exactly the same issues for weeks.

no tv or computer downloads 

Hi Yellowday,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you've been having some connection issues. I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've been able to arrange a technician visit.

If you still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

WorstISP
Up to speed

Hey Atooin, I'd advise you to cancel your contract because if you look around the forums you'll see that this is not something only you are facing.

For whatever reason, Virgin are trying to ignore these issues. Save yourself the hassle and find a new provider.

Hi WorstISP 👋 thank you for joining the thread. 

Sorry to hear this feedback regarding your experience with our services. 

We offer support on a case by case basis, as there can be a large array of reasons that services may experience a fault. We will work through a process to eliminate these possibilities and offer support to get a fault resolved with each customer individually. 

It looks as though you are also going through this process currently with one of my colleagues via PM. 

They will continue to offer help and support with the issues you are facing. If you are looking to raise a complaint as a result of your experience so you can have a formal record of any frustrations or feedback on your account please just let them know and they will assist in raising this. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we get things sorted! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly