cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have changed my SSID on Hub 3 and the VM supplied WiFi Pod (white) won’t connect.

timnewell303
Joining in

I recently got a new /replacement Hub 3 from VM and changed the SSID and password to personalise it. However the VM supplied WiFi booster Pod (white) won’t connect to the new Hub, is this due to the SSID change?

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using the VM Pods, you need to leave the Hub settings as they come out of the box.  Don't change anything or the "Intelligent Wifi" will not work.  You can pinhole reset as below, or if you remember the VM SSID just change it back.

60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes... Pods only work on the combined SSID.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi timnewell303, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your pod is having issues connecting to the Hub. There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

As mentioned by Adduxi above, it's best to reset the Hub by doing a timed 60 second reset. This will pop the hub back to default and the pod should then connect successfully for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have done the pin hole resent and it’s changed everything back to the original SSID. However the WiFi pod still doesn’t connect/ just pulses a white light. 
Does VM have to configure this pod to the new router aswell? The pod was sent to me when I had the old V3 router that was faulty and therefore had an old SSID, but the pod connected fine. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See if the Pod and hub have been "associated" correctly on your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check with them. You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.