cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub can’t detect WiFi pod

laidler262
Joining in

Hi,

I have just had my hub 3 replaced today after red light fault. New hub 3 installed and working fine but now I have an issue that my WiFi pod can’t be detected by the hub and have dead spots upstairs. I’ve tried rebooting new hub and adding pod through app again but it still says it can’t be detected. 

any help appreciated 

shaun

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yup what you get for replacing a hub so talk to VM about it

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It should have been "activated" on your account - looks like that hasnt happened yet.

So, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check with them whats going on.

You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @laidler262,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your hub/pod I can see you reached out to our team today, were they able to assist you with this?
Thanks,
Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I rang technical support yesterday and they said to leave it 24hrs which didn’t solve and thing and then the online chat support was a waste of time said the pod was broken and they would send replacement within 3 days, queried how the pod could be broken when it’s been fine for months until the hub was replaced and told the pod is definitely broken after they ran ‘troubleshooting’. I contacted the engineer that replaced hub and he went into system and sorted the pod within 2 minutes, so much for it being broken. 

Thanks for the update @laidler262, and I'm sorry to hear of the seemingly poor advice given to you by a member of our team.

Pleased to hear that this has since been resolved, with the assistance from one of our engineers.

Do feel free to come back to us if anything further is required from our team.

Thanks,

David_Bn