cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 stuck in update in progress, have factory reset but to no avail

kaimccr
Joining in

Hi, recently my hub 3 has been having issues constantly for the past 3 months on and off, this is the 2 time I’ve had to reset to factory settings, have tried every single piece of advice ever registered on this site, nothing has worked, no problems with the wires in my home as have checked all ends, am really stuck with what to do, one minute it’s alright and connected and the next minute it gets back in stuck in update in progress and access to internet denied 

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The most usual problem with a Hub stuck permanently at updating is that it has lost the broadband signal. Next time this happens, phone in and report it as a fault. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kaimccr 👋 welcome to the community! 
Thank you for posting! Sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with your Hub 3!

We do recommend regularly rebooting the hub just so it can install any updates or bug fixes it may need. Nonetheless it does sound as though you are experiencing some frustrating issues - sincerest apologies for this! 

It may be worth us running some additional testing so we can investigate what is happening and offer further support if needed! We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to update this public thread. 

Thanks to Kaimccr for PMing me with an update to advise an engineer attended and the issue has now been resolved. 

Really pleased to hear it! Please do get back in touch if there are further issues in future and we will be happy to help. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly