cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Modem Mode not working

feygor
Joining in

Hi, not sure if anyone has a similar experience, but I've always used my hub 5 in modem mode, had it for about a year without any issue, randomly it has swapped back to router mode and trying to switch it back into modem mode it just hangs at the screen telling you it's restarting, except it doesn't restart.

My whole network is a mess unless I can get this working again - I've tried a restart, tried a factory reset, tried a hard reset, all successfully reset the device but modem mode still doesn't work - I'm assuming VM has pushed a buggy firmware update, anyone who a way of rolling back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the pinhole again but keep it pressed in for >60 seconds and see if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the pinhole again but keep it pressed in for >60 seconds and see if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Johnost
Tuning in

feygor, I experienced this issue around the same time after years of working just fine. Had to switch back to router mode and double NAT to get connected. Are you still having the same issue? I'm convinced it must have been a buggy firmware update to now.

Got it sorted in the end, after a few more reboots I decided to just leave it, actually took ~17 mins to boot to modem mode, much longer than the ~2 mins it should take - can only imagine this is a firmware issue, waiting for services to time out rather than killing them etc, at least it's sorted.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @feygor and a warm welcome to our Community Forums

Sorry to hear of the issue experience via Modem Mode on your Hub 5.

Do feel free to report back to us to confirm if the aforementioned advice has been successful and that this is now resolved.

Thanks,

David_Bn

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@David_Bn wrote:

Do feel free to report back to us to confirm if the aforementioned advice has been successful and that this is now resolved.

If your making us wait for modem mode to work on reboot then its hardly resolved what you now doing validating MAC's on the network by hand for those using modem mode or even slower firmware boot? 

---------------------------------------------------------------