Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

1 device not connecting to Wi-Fi

Hi All, I really need some help please. My laptop isn’t connecting to the Wi-Fi. It’s been like this for a week now. It works if connected via Ethernet, but the Wi-Fi connection on the laptop is saying No internet, secured. I have other devices which...

MrsGreen by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with wifi

New VM customer.  Hub 3, tv and landline.  Landline finally connecting incoming calls, hib speeds fantastic, but the wifi  Hub 3 with a single pod, but just so unstable. Keeps dropping.  Connect tests are hit and kiss as phone has dropped out. Any ad...

Nemosam1 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Details not registered

I have had Virgin Media internet for around 2 weeks, and have tried to sign up for a Virgin Media account with the information that was emailed to me (Account Number and Area Code) however whenever I do I get the error message "We can't find an accou...

No internet since the 25th nov

Hi all, my Internet went off on tue the 25th of Nov,  I was advised to do a factory reset,  I currently have my router in modem only mode, since then the router will not let me change the settings, engineer attended Thurs and told me I had a upstream...

Virgin media brown box

Hello,My virgin media box on the outside of my house is damaged, is this something virgin media can fix? I've had to place a plastic bag over it at the moment to make sure its water tight!   

External box is damaged

The external brown box on the outside of my property is damaged and has no cover. It is letting rain water into my property. How do I get this repaired? Thanks

CJLord by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buffering

Repeated buffering, recent visit by VM team but no improvement in service. any ideas as frustration leading me to be close to change in service provider 

Faults Department

Hello  I was given a number 0333 000 5925 by the retentions department to contact the faults department regarding ordering some WiFi pods. This number seems to be more for reporting faults outside the home eg street cabinets and utilities cutting thr...

Julieor by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not notified of routine work

Why or why weren’t we notified of the routine work this morning.I find out at 4am when trying to connect it’s out.however it’s out between 1 and 7am apparentygot a very important online medical appointment via zoom this morning so extremely upset tha...

madwayne by Dialled in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing onu power supply

Same as other posts. I told the sales team I was missing the ONU power supply but they were 100% only concerned in up selling virgin products. Hub 5 arrived but no ONU power supply

Beau1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos