cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Hub 5 bugs been fixed?

Alikhan821
Up to speed

Hey all,

Just wondering if the Hub 5 is still as buggy as 2 years ago and if there is a list of known issues.

I had ethernet connection and wifi dropping alongside high latency spikes.

I'm currently still running the 2AC but wary I will need to switch soon due to the landline moving to VoIP.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 5 in modem mode is a good solid unit.  However, there are still some "quirks" with the Hub 5 as a router, and these are being worked on.  I believe there is a new firmware update due to fix DHCP problems.

Besides a Hub 3 or 4 will do the VoIP change over, so you will not necessarily get a Hub 5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that mate. Could you elaborate on the quirks?

I have had the Hub 5 since its release in 2021 and was not required to return as its still linked to my account when I want to activate it again.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have a look at this thread Solved: Repeated Hub 5 Failures - Virgin Media Community - 5395538

I believe the newer firmware may solve these problems, but as I only use modem mode I can't say for sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks