cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

cheeseboard
On our wavelength

Any one else experiencing lots of dropouts today (and other days but not enough to write home about) ?

Area 11 ,  post code EH14 ***

I am experiencing multiple dropouts today it's really annoying..

Wouldn't be quite so bad if I could phone-up and complain at the time it was happening, but my phone is through the internet too so no internet no landline (I don't have a mobile)..

Am seriously thinking about ditching Virgin all together, the only thing stopping me is the thought of potential teething problems with a new supplier.

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing is get a cheap mobile with a VM payg SIM so you can call the help line for free on 150.

Then also call  the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on faults and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

ALSO..... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cheeseboard,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issuer with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

Can you please confirm if you are still having this issue?

^Martin

Thing is I am not very au fait with mobiles but I might just do that.

I have tried using "Service status" before. "It" "said " no issues in your area whilst chatting with a 'Matt' he said there was an issue it just wasn't being reported.

The router is connected to the computer via Ethernet Wi-Fi is fed to the rest of the house to run son's mobile , the tablet, PC in the spare romm and a couple of fire-sticks.

All goes down

Of course you can't see anything, Quelle suprise.  In the past even your 'Status' link reported no issues even though 'it' had an issue  last August (see my conversations with 'Matt') so I have zero faith in any reports on the 'health' of the system that the system gives you.

I have no ides if this issue is still occuring I have just got in from a weekend away.  It is not happening this second.

Good Evening @cheeseboard, thanks for coming back to our Forums.

Can you please confirm if you have any updates for us on the status of the connection?

Are the drop outs happening on Wi-Fi only, or on a wired connection also?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Iam sorry but myself and my son have been pretty wiped out since we came back but there have been no obvious dropouts.

The whole system was going down, computer is connected by ethernet lots of stuff on WiFi the entire system seems to go down with these dropouts.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this and sorry to see the inconvenience caused, please let us know if things have improved since your last post?

We'd really like to also know what's the status of the connection currently too so we can best advise on the next steps.

If no issues show for your area on our service status, please try rebooting your hub and run our checks on this link here for issues with the Wi Fi.

Keep us posted on how things look and if you still need our help with connecting after you've tried the above.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just had another 'dropout'.

On Sunday 18TH June 2023 from 12:53 PM (after noon) to 12:59 PM (almost 1 o'clock)

Was watching a YouTube video so no input from me when drop-out occured, did nothing to bring back the signal, it just restarted

First time I have been on the computer properly for a while so no idea about other dropouts.

We are so sorry to hear that @cheeseboard have you been able to run the checks and reboot the Hub per are previous post?