cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - installation

ConReg
Joining in

Hi,

I joined Virgin about 2 months ago and the experience has been terrible. To start the internet was unable to be installed and after multiple failures to turn up from engineers and installation teams, I finally had my wires ran in the back garden after being told initially I would have to wait 6-8 weeks. This is after multiple calls and days booked off work losing money and being away from my newborn to sit in an empty new house due to false promises.

I was told that upon the construction team finishing their work I was to call up to claim some compensation for all of this. Once complete, I called and was told I would then have to log another complaint and all the details had to be taken AGAIN! I then waited a week and heard nothing from Virgin which is just a re occurring theme. I must of been promised 20 times I would receive a call, text some form of update and I have received 0.

I have them had to call back and told I would have to log another complaint, I refused as this is ridiculous and was finally handed over to someone who I believe was in the complaints team and was of English origin. Once again, I had to have all my notes taken down as it was a complete mess and was offered £25 compensation for which is just insulting so, I refused and had it escalated to a manager who booked me in for a call the next day at 10:30. I never received the call.

1 week later I still have had no contact so I called again on the 26th and was told there was no complaints department and I could not be passed through. I asked to speak to a manager and then all of a sudden a ‘manager’ of the complaints department gets on the phone even though I had just been told there was no complaints department , strange.

His name was ‘Vaibhav’ and he would not pass me over and was offering a little more compensation and asking me how much I would like? Is it not on your terms to offer the amount? I refused again as it is ridiculous the amount offered after the experience I have had and the amount of time the issues have been ongoing.

I escalated again to a ‘deadlock’ team I believe, and was promised again a call back the next day as I didn’t believe it was gonna happen and what do you know I receive no call AGAIN! 

Issue after issue, lie after lie and I am nowhere still after weeks and weeks of just a terrible, terrible experience.

I need some answers now or this is going to be taken to a third party, I know the process and I will take my notes, recordings and show what I have been going through with this absolute joke if an experience.

I need answers ASAP!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As far as Virginmedia is concerned you are just another customer who should wait until their installation contractor gets round to the job. 

The compensation procedure and amounts are set by OFCOM, so do not accept any trivial offer that might prejudice this.

Keep a record of all contacts with VM or their contractors, whether written or verbal. You may need this when the situation is finally resolved. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Mum1212
On our wavelength

Wow. This is terrible. Sorry to hear. I have similar problems.

(1) You must request a DSAR request - get all the logs of calls etc from them - so your complaint is evidenced. This costs you nothing.

(2) Contact your MP and let them know what is happening. I went through the 'adjudicator' process, and after wasting two m ore months of my time/life they said it was out of remit and passed complaint to 'libertyglobal' their ADR team - and now - I have no idea of process. The problem is that the preinstall team don't do anything (they don't get paid enough), the install area managers lie about what they have done (no-one is accountable) and nobody on the complaints lines (based in India and Philippines) gives a toss. Nobody is accountable. So I suggest you email your MP and someone from his/her team will respond - or find the responsible person in Parliament - and highlight this. I took my complaints up with OFCOM - but can't get compensation from OFCOM - they fine the copmpany - but customers don't see the money. Your other option is Twitter. Go ahead. set up an account and message them on there. Virgin media help have a twitter account - and are more responsive than anyone on here.

Just on the last point it is the same team that deals with Twitter/X as the one that responds on here but I agree that responses can be quicker. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ConReg 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear of the installation and customer service concerns you've experienced. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

I can see on the system at my side that you have spoken to the team since you posted and this all looks to be resolved for you now. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed 😊

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It may not be the level of service you want to provide but it is the level of service you consistently do provide. It's also the level of service most of your customers have come to expect. 

This has been dealt with now only because I couldn’t bare to carry on dealing with anyone else at Virgin. 

You and all the rest have caused nothing but issues for myself, I believe I deserve more but it will never happen and I can’t think of anything worse than dealing with someone on your end ever again.

I have been round and round for 2 months non stop and it go me nowhere. Your company really. Has to do better because the customer service is beyond not acceptable.