cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling due to internet dropping out

vixessex
Joining in

How do I cancel? Frustrated as I’ve just recently had VM installed.

Connection drops out regularly & that is even through an Ethernet connection.

Supposed to be 1Gb get no where near that speed not even 500!

Really disappointed!!

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Keep in mind your 14 day cooling off period. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vixessex

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're facing some service issues recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently. How are things for you today? Any better?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Still all the same issues. The hub 5 you’ve provided drops out connection regularly. Speeds are very slow even right next to the box. I can’t add my mesh system as you’ve removed that function from these hubs. It’s ridiculous. I’ve tried contacting yourselves via WhatsApp, phone, email and the service I’ve got is awful. Everyone just says they can’t do anything & scratches the head. The engineer we had out told me he had no idea as he doesn’t under the hub 5 tech…..then why send him out 😒

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you have the Hub 5X ?  Whilst modem mode is still not available, you can still use your Mesh system as Access Points.  Just set the SSID and password of the Mesh to the same as the Hub 5 and set the Mesh up in Access Point mode.  This will get you over the lack of modem mode for the time being.  I believe modem mode is in the works and may be ready early next year?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Use the link below to check the service speed to the Hub and also to your devices.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data will typically be lower.

Hi vixessex

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you were sent out an engineer who wasn't able to assist. This shouldn't have happened. It looks like you are on the XGSPON network, so it's possible that this particular engineer wasn't equipped to help. I will ensure this is fed back.

I've taken a look at this side and from the data received from your Hub, your connection looks excellent. Your average download speed to the Hub from daily test over the past seven days has been 1,139mbs download and 108mbs upload. No disconnections from what we can see from the past week and 0% packet loss.

If you can run a few speed tests from different devices (wired and wireless if possible) from Samknows as Client62 has kindly listed above, we will receive these speed tests and we can see if there's a problem with the speeds being received at your device.

Kind regards

Beth