cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables on front of house

Jace123
Joining in

Hi,

Can the virgin cables be removed from the front of our home?

Thanks,

Jaime

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They can be removed - but best done by VM or it could introduce "noise" into the network which could affect your neighbour's connections

Are you a customer of VM?  If not.. do the cables also service other properties as well as yours (some photos would help).

What's the reason do you want them removed?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM often take a position that removing their equipment could cause issues with future installs, and that unless there's a demonstrable H&S risk - they won't expend effort or resource doing so.

Photos would all help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jace123
Joining in

Hi,

Is it possible for VM to contact me to remove these. I am not a customer & don't need these cables in the future.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post some photos as per previous posts requesting them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Jace123, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're wanting to remove some cables. As mentioned above, we would only look to do this if there is a health and safety risk. In most cases, we would then perform the relevant work to make things safe and secure. 

I can refer this over to an area manager but would need some information and pictures of the cables too. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I've messaged you the info.