cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown box broken

Alexcorgiolu
Joining in

Hi,

the cover on our outside brown box is broken and won’t stay on leaving the cables exposed right by the front of the house where people walk past, and also exposed to the elements. Is there any way a replacement can be securely fitted? No idea why this has become broken.

thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up a photo and a VM person will arrange a "fix" when they get here in a day or so

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

saz150
Joining in

Hi,

I also have this problem (see picture attached) and would be grateful if someone could contact me to resolve this.

Many thanksIMG_1681.jpeg

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Alexcorgioglu.

Thank you for posting on our help forums for the first time and welcome to the VM community. 🙂
Nice to have you on board!

We're sorry to hear of the brown box cover being damaged, we'll be happy to assist with this issue.
In order to view the account and help, I will send you a private message here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Lmboyes
Joining in

I also have this problem if some one could please help. 

IMG_0908.jpeg

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Lmboyes.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for reaching out on this thread, we're glad to have you on board to the VM community! 🙂

Sorry to see there's a damage at your omni box attached to the external wall and the cables are exposed currently, I'll be glad to assist with this.

In order check the account and help I'll send you a private message here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

image.jpg

I’ve got the same problem and wondered if you could arrange for someone to come and fix this too? 

Hi Rj_Hastings,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your brown box cover is missing, so I can arrange for it to be fixed/ replaced I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope.

Regards

Paul. 

ANNELIESEB
Joining in

My outside brown box has been broken too. I have had to push it back together and it's pretty precarious. I had an engineer round a while ago who said that it had been scheduled to move higher up (as it is right in the path). The engineer took photos and went away and since then I have heard nothing.

The wires were just laid on the ground. I'm surprised it is still working.

Any ideas how to report this through the app. It just sends me in circles. 

Thanks, Anneliese 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ANNELIESEB 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your exterior omnibox is damaged, and hasn't been repaired. I'm going to send you a private message so we can get a Technician booked to come and repair this.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ