Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Inability to get anywhere......Hub3 is broken

Still going nowhere , Hub is the problem , line is showing all OK but the hub is constant red , tried all the fixes but nothing , customer services on 24 hour monitor which shows line is fine . Going round in circles , parent serious ill in hospital,...

Frhowty by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors

Hi all. What are these errors on my hub 5 3.1 downstream channels? 

IMG_0083.png
Cawsie by Up to speed
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 no longer recognising switch

HiGot a Hub 5 a few weeks ago (upgraded from Hub 3) and I have a Netgear GS105 switch connected directly to the router.All had been working fine, until I returned from holiday yesterday and the switch was no longer recognised. I've done some troubles...

Resolved! Hub 3 Red Light

My ageing Hub 3 is now showing a constant red light. Connection is usually rock solid but recently have noticed it drops in and out throughout the day. I have tried the various steps outlined in similar posts but I am still seeing a red light. Hub fe...

Channel Optimisation

Hi All,Had an odd breakthrough I didn't know I was supposed to have tonight.Basically, my connection went from the usual 800mb to around 40. I checked and found the channel my wireless was using was suddenly highly congested.Reading up, I believe the...

riso by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Red light hub 3

Hi all,I've only had my hub-3 for a month now, but for the last 2 weeks the base light has always been red. Not magenta, but red. I have ensured it is not overheating, I have rebooted it, reset it, tried modem mode, but the light is still red.So far,...

Pd999 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband down SN4?

Home broadband is down, VM service status doesn't indicate any issues. I have rebooted My hub, but still down, trying to establish if it's Just me or if there is a wider problem.

JRS69 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin in my area

Hi,Virgin media was doing work a couple.months ago in my street. The first 6 houses are on the list but received a "We're sorry to say that things haven't exactly gone to plan and we can't bring Virgin Media to your area" email. I have been in contac...

Mxrgy98 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Installation very shabby

Got my new gig1 connection installed today and although so far it's working, I fear it might not continue. The installer left cables hanging out in a bit of a state outside. Quite disgusted actually. I'm quite sure they cables could be easily pulled ...

1000005875.jpg 1000005874.jpg 1000005872.jpg
Derek50 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos