cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 3 WiFi pods have stopped working

MGHLLWS
Tuning in

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can help - yesterday evening all three of my WiFi pods went offline (as per the Connect app status) for no apparent reason. One of them is flashing blue and then green, in cycles. The other two are pulsing white. 

The Connect app was claiming that my Hub needed to be optimised as the channels were split, however, I hadn’t done anything to create this. Today, I optimised via the Connect app and that was stated as being successful, however, it’s made no difference to the pods, they are all still shown as offline. 

I have tried rebooting the Hub and repositioning the pods next to the Hub but nothing is making a difference. 

This is yet another recent issue with the WiFi pods, after having to be sent two replacements over the past month… 

Look forward to your responses. 
Many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You need a new hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does look more of a Hub issue - what model is it ?

Might be worth a reset like this

First make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

MGHLLWS
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies - @jbrennand the hub seemingly is working fine on its own the past 24 hours although connection in one room isn’t as good without the WiFi pods. Reluctant to do a Hub reset only because our Ring system is connected to WiFi and performing resets before has caused issues with the Ring… but if there’s no other solution I may have to just bite the bullet. 

Thanks again. 

Hi MGGLLWS,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your WiFi pods. 

How has the service been since your last post? Have you been able to do the reset?

^Martin

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Strange that the app thinks you have split your SSID?  The Pods need to Hub to have the "out of the box" settings, as they will not work otherwise.  A pinhole reset will set this back to these settings.

As a last resort before that, try removing all Pods, and using the WPS button, pair the Pods back one at a time in close proximity to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks