cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account softlock

Tony1yaknow
Tuning in

Hi, I am trying to change my email address for my user name and billing and I get the message 'unable to complete due to a financial account has a soft lock active '. How do I proceed and why the soft lock? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony1yaknow, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with updating some of your details. As part of the ongoing transition of Virgin Mobile customers over to O2 plans and O2's systems, something called a "soft lock" will be applied onto customer accounts.

A soft lock is applied to a customer's account once we have let them know that we will be moving them to an O2 plan. Whilst this is in place, you will be unable to make some changes to your account and this to ensure that you can be migrated successfully, without any issues.

The soft lock flag will remain on the account until you have been fully and successfully migrated onto the O2 plan. This is usually within 30 days. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tony1yaknow, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with updating some of your details. As part of the ongoing transition of Virgin Mobile customers over to O2 plans and O2's systems, something called a "soft lock" will be applied onto customer accounts.

A soft lock is applied to a customer's account once we have let them know that we will be moving them to an O2 plan. Whilst this is in place, you will be unable to make some changes to your account and this to ensure that you can be migrated successfully, without any issues.

The soft lock flag will remain on the account until you have been fully and successfully migrated onto the O2 plan. This is usually within 30 days. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you for the speedy response. I will wait in anticipation. 

Regards 

Tony 

No problem at all Tony. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help you. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

The swap over to 02 was unsuccessful for me and got a message saying virgin will try next month, how many times will virgin attempt this swap over and will I get an 02 sim card eventually if it fails again?

My dad got the same message on Monday that his hadn't worked lol and ge is due to go abroad from the end of May so if his next date is in June then that won't happen as the migration can only be done if the phone is in the UK so we are hoping that the date comes through for July now 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Udgywudgy, thanks for posting on our help forum and this thread.

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your migration to O2 recently, please visit this page here for all the info and FAQs regarding this change.

Amongst other info there, you'll also see the below:

The move to your new O2 mobile plan should happen remotely with nothing you need to do – no need to swap SIMs, port your phone number or update any billing info. But if this doesn't work as planned, we'll text you to let you know and send you a new O2 sim. You'll be able to continue using your mobile on your existing Virgin Mobile plan until it arrives. 

In this case, as the first attempt to migrate you has failed we will try again in a month's time as advised - we'll be able to then confirm what's next depending on how things go with the second try.

If there's an error with this process we can assist by sending a new SIM out, however this will be determined based on how the process moves forward next time.

The migration should complete for all customers by the end of 2023 (December).

We hope this makes things more clear, let us know if you have more questions. 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

Hi, do we have an update to when the softlock will be taken off my account. It ain't good having your bills etc sent to an hacked email account and need to get it changed ASAP. Thank you

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tony1yaknow, thanks for your post on this thread and sorry to hear of the softlock issue affecting the changes we can make on the account currently.

Can you tell us if you've already migrated to O2 or is this yet to be confirmed?

Any softlock issue should be resolved once the migration has completed successfully, let us know where you are with this process and we're happy to advise more.

Adri
Forum Team

stephez
Joining in

I have the same problem as outlined above.  I got an email 2 days ago (18 May) about change to O2 sim plan.  It says I will be complete by 29 June which is in six weeks.  I try to turn on roaming and get message about soft financial lock.  I am abroad without a working phone, apparently for over six weeks.  There is no mention in the letter about this issue.  What idiot thought up this idea?  AND if I am abroad when you try to make the change it will not work.  I could be in this situation indefinitely.

Could you please let me have a workaround?  If not how do I make a formal complaint.  I believe this is a clear breach of contract by Virgin.  

Steve