cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 incorrect data miss sold package

rjordan
Tuning in

I had  old package   - Oomph Unlimited    which include VM  mobile all unlimited.   I have renewed my contract  2 days ago to Volt    with O2 and the agent told me that  O2 is also unlimited data and voice  as the old one. However when i received 02 sim  it has 250gb   data limit and i have to pay more if i need more data.
I spoke to 02 and they said that this is incorrect  information provided by VM.   I spoke again to VM agent and  they said that should be unlimited data.  I  call again VM and different agent told me that this should be included in extra pack which switch thew data to unlimited but i have no option.
Either way I am not happy at all . I want unlimited data that's why i renewed the contract otherwise i was happy to stay on old package  without binding on 18 months.   

Also i received an email saying if i renew my contract  wil get 25% off  the cost is £69  which i didn't get when i renewed. The new contract cost £92 plus £25 for 02    total  £117.  I was paying £111  before for all unlimited . Where is the deal ?

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rjordan,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear there has been a few issues with your package.
Can I ask however with the package price, was the overall price meant to be £69 including the SIM? 

Regards,

Kain

rjordan
Tuning in

Hi Kain
the price £69 was for renewing the current package which was included the SIM.   Volt package guess the sim is separate  £25   per month. I either cases  I am renewing the contract   because the agent tools me the old package is not longer available. 

Regards

Ronan

Okay thank you for letting us know, normally with a colt package there would be two charges now one for Virgin Media and one for O2.

Please do let us know you get on with the update and if you have any other questions please  do let me know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Emma771
Joining in

I have been dealing with this exact issue since November 2022. VM told me i did not have to do anything and i would not need a new sim card as they could change it to my existing one. I have been calling 02 and VM since November to tell nothing has been sorted. VM blamed 02 and 02 blamed VM. Its taken until today for me to be told that deal does not exist. There is no way they would offer unlimited data for £25 a month (that's not what my contract says), the deal would not have been moved to an existing sim card so i needed a new one and that only offered 250g of extra data. I even got the link sent to me for virgin media so i could look at what it says. The only option available is to add the double data offered for being with both companies. If i had known this in November, or been told in the numerous phone calls i have made since then, i could have changed my package, or changed to a different provider which i had been planning to.