cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract renewal

Bryzza
Dialled in

My old contract ended on the 6th Nov. I received numerous emails regards renewal but wasn't too sure what to do. I accidently hit the renewal button, and hey presto, I've signed up for 18 months. April increase looming ( twice) 

Tried to contact VirginMedia and got the runaround. The agent managed to get me a 'new' contract more expensive than the one I had accidently renewed. ( £86.25 less 20% =£69 a month till April when it rises by the Retail Price Index rate + 3.9%) Isn't it wonderful how VM contracts always favour VM?

Needless to say I questioned how such a 'new' contract could cost more than my new contract. Silence.

When I asked if I could go onto a smaller tv package,I'm on a Maxit deal at moment, the agent said that she was unable to help and suggested she pass me onto someone else to assist me ( Retention team?) Oddly the phone line then died as I appeared to have been cut off.

I don't really want to leave VM ( inertia) but feel that as they don't seem to be bothered by loyal customers of 20+ years like myself, I might have to leave and sign up to Sky.

Why doesn't VM have a simpler way of contacting English speaking call centre agents who also understand the nuances of regional English accents? Why doesn't VM actively engage with its customers to explain what ALL the tv packages are? I was advised to use their online chatbot service  but it refused to start. For a telecommunications company VM royally suck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Bryzza, thank you for your response. 

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

As stated previously, we'll pass your feedback along to the relevant teams. 

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bryzza, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you're thinking of leaving us 😔

The best number on which to contact the retentions team is 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then four), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

Alternatively, have you specifically tried seeking support via WhatsApp? You can do so on +447305 327 112.

We always take on board feedback we receive and will certainly pass this along to the relevant teams. 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been a lot of topics recently from customers who renewed for one particular package/price, only to find that the details which came through were different and/or more expensive.

You should have a 14 day cooling off period to go back to the previous package/price you were on (which will have now reverted to 'standard' pricing as your minimum term has expired). From there you can cancel if you wish by giving 30 days notice.

It is customer inertia (of which I have been guilty of myself in the past over a long period of time) coupled with poor customer service and non-contactability which allows VM to get away with all of the antics which are regularly reported on here.

Length of custom with VM counts for nothing and may even work against you as VM will judge you are unlikely to move anywhere else and will offer renewal prices accordingly.

Before contacting VM again, you could research your available alternatives to VM and have at hand all your alternative prices and packages. You will then know if any future VM offer is any good or not.

Contacting VM 'retentions' by phone first thing at 08:00 is reported to be the way with the best chance to get through with least delay to a UK agent.

Sadly I tried those options and came away with nothing worthwhile apart from being stuck with the contract I already had. I really do feel that call-centre agents should be British born and bred and that call centres shouldn't be sited offshore just to cut costs. No doubt the agents employed are highly qualified but not having English as your first language surely must impede progress in understanding people let alone solving problems.

Hi @Bryzza, thank you for your response. 

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

As stated previously, we'll pass your feedback along to the relevant teams. 

Regards,
Daniel

Regarding the 'retention team', I found it very difficult to get across what I meant and even more difficult to comprehend the answers given. Ultimately I gave up and agreed to the contract I had been offered. Next time I will end contract and seek tv/internet elsewhere.

Hello again Bryzza.

We do value your custom and have passed feedback on  as previously advised.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

If you need any more help, please let us know.

Gareth_L

tcoftopcats
Tuning in

was gonna call them as my 30days notice ends soon

but they just dont care

goaa phone then later today to find out ON WHICH DAY MY SERVICE ENDS

as in when does my net go off my tv go off

so hard just to get a simple answer from them

Hi @tcoftopcats 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues that you are having with your end of contract termination day, so that we can assist you, we would need to bring you In for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina